* Make a post to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple ("I'd love an icon of 'X' that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
* Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post so that the holiday joy will spread.
* Surf around your friendslist to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
* If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
* You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
* There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
here's what I want from people:
1) I wish everyone good health -- no getting sick allowed, or if you are sick then get better, damnit!
2) I want those of you who do celebrate some holiday this season to take the time and put forth the effort to spend it with your loved ones. Take the car trip, buy the plane ticket, walk down the street, whatever it takes to spend the time of celebration with those you care about and who care about you.
3) Donate either time or money to some charitable cause (other than yourself) you support. I don't care if it's giving to a political party's next election campaign or spending time chained to a redwood for greenpeace, just contribute to a cause other than your own life.
4) do something for the first time. something you've been wondering about but haven't gotten around to.
5) Participate in Buy Nothing Day.
6) Compliment a stranger, then walk away.
7) Pick up a few pieces of litter and dispose of them properly.
8) Get rid of some of your stuff. Just take inventory of things you have, look at those items you honestly don't need to keep any longer, and give them away (to friends, charity, doesn't matter).
9) study a subject. Either learn more about something you already know, or introduce yourself to a new topic.
10) Be happy.