because original thought is bad // survey-tastic - Lograh — LiveJournal
20:42 - because original thought is bad // survey-tastic
2004: the year in review
1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
I rode my bike in mountains around tahoe lake.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't do new year's resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
people I know did. Don't know how "close" you'd call us, but I do care for them to a certain degree.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
I think the last death of someone I know was in 2003. can't *quite* recall what year it was..
5. What countries did you visit?
Alas, none this year.
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you didn't have in 2004?
A solid, developed sense of self.
7. What date(s) from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
no dates ever remain etched in my memory, only events..
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
got a promotion.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Lost a relationship.
10. Did you suffer any illness or injury?
nothing of note.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
All of those who managed to put up with me for any ammount of time -- particularly she of the aforementioned failed relationship. I'm not an easy person to be around.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
none more than my own.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
many things not worth the energy. and a few crushes, those are fun.
16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
Wolfsheim -- Kunstliche Welten
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?: both
ii. thinner or fatter?: Fatter, I think, though not by much.
iii. richer or poorer?: poorer, though not in dollars.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Understanding other people. Failing that, biking, particularly out of town.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Being a self-absorbed arrogant ass (even though I do it so well).
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Dunno.. probably wander around taking pictures, then perhaps watch a movie and fall asleep early.
22. Did you fall in love in 2004?
fell out of it, does that count?
23. How many one-night stands?
no sex at all, one-night or otherwise.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
hard to say, they all suck so much. :)
though there are a few good ones on, I don't think I like any sufficiently to warrant calling it a "favorite".
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I hate fewer people than I did last year, and those I do hate I am comming to hate less.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I was introduced to a few industrial/goth bands I hadn't heard of previously.. that and I was introduced to the art of the mashup.
28. What did you want and get?
back into the MA program
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What were your favorite films of this year?
many good films this year. Shrek, Incredibles, Eternal Sunshine, Big Fish, and a few others I can't recall at the moment.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
actually, it hasn't happened yet. I'll be turning 29 within the next two weeks. I do, however, know how I'll be celebrating it. I shall:
wake up late.
go picture hunting.
pick up a newspaper.
go to bed early.
not talk to or visit with anyone I know in any way.
In other words, the same thing I plan to do every year. :)
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
if I could somehow come to accept that everything is going just s
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
Loud Shirt Fridays.
34. What kept you sane?
you're accusing me of sanity? That's a first! :)
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Janeane Garofalo. Though Bjork is climbing the list quickly.
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
met a few, to rate them in comparison to one another would be impossible.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004:
You will allways have more assumptions than you think.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
can't think of any at the moment. not entirely sure there are any that would fit..